Monday, June 1, 2009


Okay, I'm falling down on the job here with updating my new blog.

I hope everyone likes all the hard work from Polka Dot Pixels. I thinks she did a wonderful job - I'm so happy with the etsy banner, avatar and icraft avatar. She also did my business cards and I love them. Thanks again to Emily at Polka Dot Pixels. Check out her etsy shop and she can do a makeover for your blog and shop!!


Morel to tell about the bootcamp on icraft - its great for all of us newbies and I have lots to do to catch up.


I hear rumors from Christine that set up the bootcamp that there may be an advanced bootcamp - I think it will kill me but I'm up for the challenge and you should check it out too.


Like I promised, there is my first freebie and it's a really cute paper lantern. Check it out.

The first person to send me a story about their group of girlfriends just like my "Peeps in the Hood" (more about them later)!! will win the paper lantern. What is the last thing you did with your group of girlfriends??


Here is a pic of the lantern.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hi Karen:

I'd like to tell you about my "group" not to win a lantern, although I think it is adorable, but to tell you about this extraordinary group of women. There are five of us and we all knit. We get together about once a week, and when I say we knit, what we actually do is tell the stories of our lives under the guise of knitting. We have seen each other through a divorce, deaths, the loss of a job and right now the joy of an upcoming wedding.

When my mom died last September I called one of the women who's first words were "I'm on my way over". I was with my dad so asked her to wait, at which point, unbenounced to me, she immediately called the other women in our circle and everyone else she could think of to let them know. At the funeral were these wonderful women, most of whom had to take time off work to be there. They have been my source of strength, laughter and joy for the past three years. The thread that connects us is this sense of family that we have formed with each other. One's pain is all our pain, as is our joy. I can't imagine not having these women in my life as our friendships greatly enrich all of us.

Now, as an aside. I love your store. I too owe a debt to Emily as she designed both my stores, business card, avatar, blinkie ad and is presently working on my blog. I have neatTreats and like you found it a pleasure working with her. Your store was a wonderful source of inspiration to me when I was trying to come up with a direction for my design. I wish you every success.

Pam