Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Crafter's Block

We've all heard of writer's block but what about Crafter's Block? For those of us who love to craft, do you ever find you have too many new ideas and only a short block of time?
Thats' when I usually get blocked and just stop doing everything I love.
Do you ever just get overwhelmed with new ideas and can't sort them all out?
For those of us who have online shops I really think that's the time we spend doing our
advertising, chatting with others who enjoy the same activites and generally just avoiding our studios.
Then we have the organizers. I am truly one of those. I wll spend countless hours organizing my supplies, idea folders (not that it helps at the time), invoices, paper work, kid's paper work. I'll do anything but sit down at my desk to start a new project.
I also have an addiction to magazines. I've been told I need some serious help (there is not a support group for this). This is one of the places I get overwhelmed. I'll see a new color scheme that I love or a new technique. This will sidetrack me for days. Magazines offer so many inspiring ideas for crafters - some of them come complete with how to's. How dangerous!!
If anyone else has some of these symptoms or others - please feel free to comment on this blog and let me know your best method of avoiding getting the work done.

1 comment:

Bonzai Beadwear said...

I used to save entire magazines...now I just rip out the page I like. Of course this then gets shoved in a folder lol. You are not alone haha!