Friday, July 31, 2009

Addicted to Forums

Is it just me or is anyone else addicted to the forums on etsy?
I originally went on to see what it was all about on the advice of another etsian.
Before I knew it I was reading and reading and learning a lot about what I had
yet to do on etsy to promote my shop.
At first, I felt it was shameless promotion of my etsy shop but then I realized
that a lot of shop owners were on there and sometimes not saying much.
Other times, they had a lot to say!!
Within no time I came to realize that I could learn a lot from these generous
people. I learned where to advertise outside etsy, which ones were the best and
even my ever favourite, how to advertise on a limited budget.
The other great thing on the forums is positive reinforcement. Whenever I felt
discouraged all I had to do was log onto a forum and I'd find a positive thread to
follow.
At first I was afraid to post a comment. Then I just had to speak up (how odd considering I have a blog). It is fun and informative!!! I've even been so brave as to start a thread myself. I've just started with questions about how etsy works but someday soon I'm going to bust out with a thread that asks for everyone's opinion. Can't wait to come up with something.
How addicted to the forums have you become?

1 comment:

Annabelle said...

Me too! It's as if I wrote that. Good job.

Annabelle